*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/990984-A-Harvest-birth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Adult · #990984
Just something I'm working on,its not finished yet
A plume of smokey clouds swallow the fulgent sun.
Darkness sweeps the sky leaving space for the Harvest moon to peak through.
The wrens have gone into hiding.
The approaching cold has stolen their song.
Whirling winds rustle through the leaves of gigantic baobab trees.
Scattering their tiny crisp formations to the gound.
There is a clearing in the thick of the baobab forest.
A thin, beautiful, tawny woman with azure eyes and long black hair splays her legs by a blazing fire.
A samite blanket covers her plump pregnant belly.
She girds herself for the coming of a new life.
Encompassed by pagan men and woman shaking their ritual beads and crooning the occasion.
Sweat beads trundle along her willowy figure.
she pushes life out to the world.
The pagans toast the birth with sweet grape nectar.
The proud mother wraps her new fragile baby girl in a small silken embroidered blanket.
This life has been born at the juncture of the harvest moon.
In just the first few months of life she is to witness a steady darkening of the world,when nature prepares for dormancy.
The infants colorless eyes gaze up at dreary, twisted limbs towering above her.
Fraught with fear, she begins to cry.
With great fervor the woman looks on her young and says,
"Be not afraid my young one. Come spring the firmaments will bring forth the fruition of natures purest beauties. All of the decadence you see is part of natures cycle. It will disappear for a time my dear. The allurement of thick, bright colored leaves will fill those scary tree limbs. You will see a clearing of velvet green grass covered with yellow lillies, red snapdragons and purple iris's. That dark grey sky will transform into the most enticing blue ,along with your eyes.
Her lilting voice brings a sparkle to the infants eyes, a radiance to her face ,accompanied by a beaming smile.
© Copyright 2005 wisdomwithin (ahasselaar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/990984-A-Harvest-birth