*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/992646-Scratching-My-Head
Rated: ASR · Editorial · Entertainment · #992646
Glue between people
There's a lot of things in life that make me scratch my head. Like when an extremely large woman trys to fit into a 2 piece bikini. Or when a cop tells you it's okay to cry. I just don't get it.
When can things be simple? When can life go as planned? When can I look in the eyes of a preacher and tell them it's not okay to touch me there? Why is it all confusing? I'll tell you what I think.
It's all about the glue. Not like the glue you use on paper, but the glue between people. That immaterial matter that links everyone. I guess you could call it culture, but I think it's more than that. It has to do with emotions, relationships, and choosing from what is right and what is wrong. The glue between us is formed by these.
For instance when a man walks his dog in the park and it drops a load onto the ground. If the man just left it there, then the glue begins to form. Someone will either step in it, move it somewhere else, or clean it up. The person who locates the excrement first will not be happy. Therefore, this individual creates a stereotype in their head about whoever walks dogs in public parks. Problems begin from this.
Some people would be so mad that they would want to cause physical harm on any individual that walk dogs in the park. If the man walking the dog would simply clean it up, then the problem would not exist. It doesn't end there though.
If the man cleans up after his dog drops a few heated logs onto the ground, he still has to dispose of it. Naturally, he would place it into a plastic baggy and then drop it the trash. The glue begins to form again. The person that has to dump the trash most likely will see the baggy of crap and will be disgusted by it. Another stereotype will be formed about people who walk their dogs in the park. The cycle continues again. A problem.
Now if the man took the baggy with him and sprinkled the contents on his neighbor's garden without his/her permission, he would think this to be good. He's helping the environment. Once the neighbor identifies the smell on his/her shoes when they are in garden, they would not be very happy. The glue begins to form again.
My point is that is it seems like a good idea not to own a dog.
What if the man walking the dog did leave the droppings from his pet on the ground and slowly walked away? What if a cop visting a hot dog stand saw this and gave the man a ticket for not cleaning up the doggie doo? Does the ticket obligate the man to clean it up? Or does he just get a ticket and walk away from the pile? This is where the glue gets complicated between individuals.
Kind of like the way judges and bailiffs act towards each other. Do judges get birthday gifts from their favorite bailiffs? Do they drink beer after a long day of convicting criminals with bailiffs? It's an answer that can only be obtained if you understand the glue between these individuals.
How about the glue between you & I? You read this junk either for enjoyment or inspiration. Hopefully, it's a little of both. I write crazy things to help myself maintain my sanity. The glue between the writer and reader is delicate. The writer must maintain his/her beliefs, but must adhere to an understanding that all that is written is subject to change. This change is either through interpretation by the reader or adjusting to what makes that writer successful.
It just kind of makes me scratch my head at it all. Eventually, the reader has the last say in the matter in terms if what is written makes sense or if it all is a bunch of dog crap.



© Copyright 2005 Red Snapper (tonyjohnson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/992646-Scratching-My-Head