*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993580-A-Little-Town
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Horror/Scary · #993580
"A man with sanity is a man inhumain"-Peirce J. Nice (its a W.I.P.)
A Little Town
A novel

Peirce James Nice




For Britney










"A man with sanity
is a man inhumain."







PROLAUGE

The sand stretched out for what one would consider eternity, if such a thing was possible. The wind fell from the clouds to the sand as it tossed it around, treating each individual grain like a baton triwling it in every which direction. The sun sat above, fat and angry looming above the rest of the world whilst looking down at the emptiness beneith it. A hollow world. Nothing in existance. Blank. Dead. The world was now an sauna without vacancy. A steam room with no one to steam. A lover with nobody to keep embrace within their warmth. In every second the earth grew warmer through the crisp air to grounds that were once oceans. A fire begins to grow. It starts on one grain of sand, and begins to spread as it begins to wrap around the world turning it into nothing but another sun.

For eternity.


CHAPTER ONE

What the hell is going on?
Where ever he was it was hot as hell. From what he could tell he seemed to be staring at something bright enough to burn holes into his eyes.
Like the sun.
In oblivion of where, or what or when he was doing what he was doing all he could tell was that he was no more than an ant. An ant scrambling for it's life to escpe the hands of some fat kid who got ahold of a magnifying glass who had no idea what the word vice meant. From the way his lungs were acting was as if he just learnt how to breath and how to swollow his own spit.
He gave his eyes a couple blinks--
(Cathrine)
--and his vision gradually found its way back to his head. Beads of sweat racing across and down his face. Maybe that was why he couldn't see.
A voice, deep and what appeared to be echoing boomed around his head. "Mr. Connors?" It said. Whatever else it was saying was indistinct.
"I can see," he said.
He was looking up, again feeling like an ant, at two faces. One was a bald man, the other balding, both white exchanging idle chit-chat. The balding man looked down at the man he called "Mr. Connors" "Oh you're awake," he said. "How was your sleep?"
"Sleep?" The man who was called Mr. Connors asked. "Why can't I move?" He seemed to realize it after he said it. "why the goddamn hell can't I move?!"






© Copyright 2005 batboy189 (batboy189 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993580-A-Little-Town