*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994561-Another-Woman
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #994561
I have two "women" pieces and am wondering which is better. Thanks!
A burly looking guy with thick hair and even thicker arms eyed me from where he sat. I understood why and even sympathized with him and under other circumstances would, no doubt, have raised a glass to his health. But tonight he had something I wanted desperately—his woman. I'd been watching her for hours. I cared nothing about his fierce protective concern. I would have her, whatever the cost might be.
She was quite flirtatious, often coming teasingly near and then darting away, making my desire for her more intense. I watched and waited. At last, I felt the time was right. I went for her, but suddenly her protector was in my face. He struck at me, but I sidestepped. He repositioned himself for a heavier blow, but again failed to cause damage. Frustrated and in a frenzy, he lost control and overreached, giving me an opportunity to retaliate. I did, with devastating force.
Now he saw clearly that he'd lost his lady, his peerless companion, and his resistance died. I reached out, slid my hand gently around her, and lifted his queen from the chessboard.
© Copyright 2005 chesslover (ieyasu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994561-Another-Woman