*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/997221-Shape-Shifter
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Writing · #997221
My Forgotten Muses. This was written for the Monster Maker Challenge.
Out of the corner of my eye, I catch of glimpse of terror. A shadow, passes in front of the sun, comes between my unwritten ideas and the orange juice I want to drink. The form it assumes today is unknown until it arrives. This is no werewolf stalking an innocent women, I know the presence that emerges out of yesterday’s desire. I simply do not know the shape it will take.

Having the power of a reverse vampire, it waits on the edge of reality. It waits to feed my imagination, my creativity. Its attack will come when I least expect it. It will appear, without warning, in a form I have never seen before or one I have ignored. Too long a part of the background radiation of my existence, it becomes a nuisance.

It is the thorn of a rose, imbedded in the palm of my hand. It is the claws of a cat penetrating my bare arm. It is a nail protruding from the ball of my foot. It is the pollen of oleander or olive irritating my sinuses. It is here stalking me, waiting for me to catch a glimpse of it or not. I cannot ignore it, I cannot pretend it does not exist; I cannot describe it until it attacks.
© Copyright 2005 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/997221-Shape-Shifter