*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/997537-Fairy-Princess-Celine-and-the-Dragon
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #997537
A fairy Princess raises a baby dragon.
Fairy Princess Celine loved living at Unicorn Island. There were always berries and plenty of food to eat. Fairies didn't require much food. Celine got a big surprise when she saw a giant egg lying in the forest. WHAT WAS THIS? She touched the big egg and it moved. She jumped back and laughed. It must be a dragon inside. She wondered why the egg wasn't in the cave above the cliff. Dragons didn't socialize with the fairies She decided to play in the waterfalls and ride the unicorns. Celine was just a kid herself. The other fairies and her didn't socialize. Celine was originally born in Ireland but she had been caught out in a bad storm and had ended up at Unicorn Island in England. Princess Fadera had welcomed her with open wings{instead of arms} and Celine loved how life was always perfect at the island. Fadera had made Celine a Princess Fairy and they ruled the small island together. They ruled over other fairies and unicorns. They were protected from the rest of the world. There was no evil here.

Celine flew from flower to flower as she smelled them. Just then there was a big rumble. Celine almost lost her balance. The egg was moving. She flew down to the egg as it started to break open. A green baby dinosaur poked it's head out to look at Celine. She laughed. The little green dragon licked Celine's face. She giggled. Just then Fadera flew over to her. "Why is this dragon here instead of in the cave?"

"I don't know. Isn't he cute?" Celine was like a child. She hugged the baby dragon. Fadera shook her head. Celine was like a kid but she loved her. "Fadera, can I keep him? I need a friend. He's so cute!" The baby dragon came out of it's shell and Celine was hugging him.

"Yes, you can keep him. He thinks that you are his mother. It's too far to walk him to the cave. He will be your responsibility."

The baby dragon chased after Celine. They were like two little children.

Fadera got a big bottle and mixed it with herbs for the baby. Celine named her new baby dragon Launcelot. She had once heard of a Queen who had loved a knight by this name.

Launcelot cried the first night and Celine didn't know what to do. She fed him some more of his bottle. She gave him some grass after she realized that the little guy had gas. Poor little guy! Launcelot finally settled down and slept. Fadera didn't intefer. Celine would be the one to raise him.

Celine taught Launcelot to eat apples and got him off his bottle. They would play in the waterfalls together. Princess Thyri and her husband, the Knight Peyton stopped by to visit. Celine loved them. They were so nice. Launcelot liked them as well. Celine and Launcelot spent all their days together. The unicorns seemed to like Launcelot as well.

Launcelot grew and Celine knew that the dragon wasn't going to stay with her forever. Celine was so upset when Launcelt wondered off. She couldn't find him anywhere. She got brave and headed up to the cove. It was so dark on the other side of Unicorn Island. She made it to the cove of the dragons. She was so scared when she looked into the cove. There were dragons of every color and size. There were purple ones. Black dragons. Celine was nervous. Finally, she saw Launcelot. He was with a big green dragon that was mixed with blue. This must be Launcelot's mother. Launcelot ran up to Celine and she slowly made her way to the green and blue dragon. The dragon bowed to Celine and she was touched as she reached out and petted her. Dragons don't talk but Celine realized that the dragon had been sick but was better now. She had left her baby for Celine to raise. Celine had loved Launcelot and always would. Launcelot stayed with his dragon mother but he visited Celine all the time. They would run in the waterfalls, play with the unicorns and eat apples together. Celine was glad the she had Launcelot for a friend. Dragons and fairies being friends was an unusual thing. Celine was happy to have a dragon friend in her life. No one can harm them on Unicorn Island.


Purple Dragon and Princess Image


© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/997537-Fairy-Princess-Celine-and-the-Dragon