*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/998032-Death
Rated: 18+ · Folder · Other · #998032
My elegies, my tributes. My hope, my despair.
O son of the Supreme!

I have made death a messenger of joy for thee.


Bahá'u'lláh


However, dying can be very difficult and painful and mourning deeply so.

For my elegies see the folder "A radiant moon has set, "Byron Lynn and "The sound of lavender. Or my tribute to James Doohan of Star Trek fame, "Scotty's last lament (James Doohan). And "One ... Mississippi ... Two was written for my cousin Barbara as Dennis took aim at Mississippi this summer. Seems appropriate as her area was partially destroyed by Katrina. For another view of death as a natural part of Nature, read "Of mice, owls and moonflowers. 'Are the dead cheering us on in our endeavors?' is the theme of "In bleachers bare. A cultural perspective is presented in "Owls at the hour of moonset.

All of these poems need reviews as the topic of death is not a popular one to read about. Thanks to all of you who take the time to read and leave your comments, so I can improve my writing skills. Kåre.

PORTFOLIO  
    Rated: E · Sci-fi · #992917
    For Scotty of Star Trek: Now, listen here, just beam me up. Lord, get me OFF this mound.
    Rated: E · Sports · #991178
    Amateur hockey players are lucky to find a rink. The bleachers are bare, or are they?
    Rated: 13+ · Death · #1238861
    For Nyia Page. "and among the scattering of feathers/only her tiny tracks remain."
    Rated: 13+ · Death · #1146337
    A poem for Jeannie Marie New Moon, a very unique individual recently hit by a train.
    Rated: ASR · Nature · #1044286
    An elegy written along a rural Oklahoma road.
    Rated: 18+ · Experience · #1028721
    A homeless man dies. The juxtaposition of two events is meant to jar our perception.
    Rated: ASR · Death · #994394
    A blind friend of mine loved the color lavender, remembered from his youth.
    Rated: ASR · Nature · #989304
    Kansas perspective as Hurricane Dennis approached Mississippi. Then Katrina hit.
    Rated: E · Cultural · #986500
    Here owls bring the gentle message of impending death. Revised 9-3.
    Rated: ASR · Death · #984141
    This is an short elegy for Byron Lynn, who died of cancer November 23, 2004 in Kansas.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/998032-Death