*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/view/josehflm
josehflm's Portfolio!
Registered Author
Since October 27, 2010
71 Recognitions
I am a non-status Aboriginal North American so many of my beliefs are based in the ways of the people. Aboriginal North Americans call them selves "The People" not Indians. I am descended of the Mohawk (Kanien'kehá:ka, The People of the Flint.) of the Iroquois first nations. Since my mother married a Caucasian man my parents raised me. I grew up at home and not in an Indian school. In Canada Aboriginal North Americans did not gain the right to raise their own children until 1974. I love writing and have been writing poetry and short stories since high school. I studied creative writing English and electronics in collage.
PORTFOLIO  
    Rated: GC · Comedy · #1722223
    Top ten things vegetarians hate to hear and how to answer them. Funny story at the end.
    Rated: E · Nature · #1721882
    New Day is a Carmen Figuratum if you look hard you can see a sunrise reflecting on water.
    Rated: 13+ · Opinion · #1721076
    Be nice is a poem on reviewing other peoples writing, A Free Verse Carmen Figuratum
    Rated: ASR · Dark · #1720856
    This is a visual poem A Free Verse Carmen Figuratum can you guess the shape.
    Rated: E · Philosophy · #1720839
    A free verse poem about the circle of life in the beliefs of aboriginal peoples.
    Rated: 13+ · Dark · #1719834
    Aldorons Doom is a tribute to a lost freind.
    Rated: E · Dark · #1719831
    The Curse of the Faceless Woman is based in a ghost story we would tell in my youth.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/view/josehflm