A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
|What's a topic you've always thought would be a great 30dbc discussion, but has never come up in the prompts? Why do you believe it would stimulate discussion?
Politics and religion seem to be avoided.
I can understand why... to a point... but your favorite 'hello kitty' is just too trite after awhile.
1. What is your favorite virtue? Give a few examples like kindness, cleanliness, tact, truth, generosity.
2. Do you associate with people outside your religious community. Do your friends or family?
3. Is Atheism a 'faith'? Why...
4. Is opting out of politics a political statement. Do you approve?
5. Can you be political without being partisan? May need definitions with this one.
IMHO, we avoid because many of us don't wish to start arguments. Some of us have too much drama in our lives as is. However, as writers of poetry, prose, drama, screen plays, historical fiction, essays, novels, etc. we touch on politics and religion all the time.
Why should we avoid these when we blog?