*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004852
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2242614
entering Wonderland again
#1004852 added February 20, 2021 at 2:55am
Restrictions: None
EE-1: Precognition
Can you tell the future? Create a blog entry (or static item) giving us the events that would transpire on this date: December 31st, 2021. (<1000 words)

It will be the shortest day of the year, but we will be happy because everyone will be in the same country for the first time in about six years. We will try to get together, even though it will still be a long way for Lorenzo and his family. At least the time difference will be only three hours instead of six.

We will have a Christmas celebration early and at Rachel's house. Laurel has a hard time traveling, so we have to go to them, now. That way anyone who has obligations with in-laws will be able to share our day, too. COVID will be in enough remission that it won't be a problem to meet together in a family group.

Joy and Rob will travel in from Mississippi. They spend a lot of time with their grandchildren (and we hope they'll come but that particular relationship is complicated by the fact that they're Joy's step's and Ed's kids were grown when Joy married him. We haven't ever met those great-grands, But we've seen pictures and they are cute.

We'll be at Rachel and Ed's, so that will be a madhouse. Haley is fourteen now, and has two guinea pigs (and would love a menagerie). By the 21st, Danny will be twelve, Teddy nine, Charles six, and Lily and Laurel will be two. Rachel loves Christmas so there will be a tree out and decorated with a secondary tree upstairs decorated the way the kids want it to be. In an ideal world, this isn't the first time this year we've come to visit, so we'll already have seen Lily walking and Laurel scooching around the way they are right now—they'll be talking by December. Little Caleb who died (at five days old) will be in our hearts.

Lorenzo and Lynda will be there in an ideal world, even though they have the furthest to come. By the 21st, they will have eight, Freddy (eleven), Cara (ten), Fitz (eight), Jane (seven), Joseph (six), Edward (who will be ten days short of five—his birthday is New Year's Eve), Abner (two), and the new boy who will come in June or July. They will be loud and chaotic whether they are there in person or whether they are there via the internet. California is a long way away.

Madeline and Carter will finally be back from Germany where they've been stationed for the past six years. We've seen them periodically, of course, when they've come home for leave or for a summer visit, but this will be nice. June will be twelve (she's about six months older than Danny who's six months older than Freddy). ET will be ten, Thomas will be four, and the baby, Martin, will be just over a year.

My parents will be there, and Rose (who is the youngest of my siblings) and me (I'm the oldest). That makes twelve adults and eighteen children ranging from fourteen to six months. It'll be chaotic and loud and messy and wonderful. We'll sing and talk and open presents and eat and sing some more. It'll be a perfect, healthy solstice.

I'm looking forward to it.

word count: 528

© Copyright 2021 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1004852