*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014049-Daisy-Our-Donkey
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2251646
Well, here it goes! 'The Bard's Hall Contest' got me blogging again, so wish me luck!
#1014049 added August 6, 2021 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
Daisy, Our Donkey
We have a donkey named Daisy. She was very vocal at our other home where she was friends with the goats, sheep, and cows. She didn't like our German Shepherd, Max, though. We recently sold all our livestock and moved, but left Daisy with our son, who bought the hobby farm. He called to tell us that she looked lonely, and is following him all around the place. It was cute at first, but now she is getting in his way, so we brought her over to where we live. There are three horses that my daughter owns, and Daisy wants to be friends with them. Of course, there is a pecking order, and she wants in. They keep chasing her out where she can just slip out under the electric fence. She's patient and is slowly working her way to third place. Ruby, a blue roam, just wants to be left alone and doesn't mind being in last place. Daisy is a midget donkey, and it looks cute - her standing with the three horses. They are finally co-mingling together which just took two months!

We should have trained Daisy to do what this donkey does. Our daughter showed us on Facebook how he loves playing with a ball. I found it on YouTube too. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZzqn_DLWYs

I laughed so hard, tears came into my eyes. It's not just cats and dogs being funny, but donkeys are funny too! Who would have thought when we all think of Eeyore on 'Winnie The Pooh.'

Daisy loves eating bananas, apples, carrots, and strawberries along with her oats. Not all at once, but bananas one day, apples the next and so on. She is white and gray with a black streak down her back and shoulders. Her tail is white and gray, too. She is very alert, not what you think a donkey would be. She's temperamental if not fed on time, and will turn her back on you to show her displeasure when you are late feeding her. She loves being brushed, just like the horses - They get their legs and ears sprayed to keep the flies at bay. She patiently waits her turn, knowing my daughter will make her feel better. This is done every day in the summer.

Our new home is across the road from where my daughter and her husband lives. They love Daisy, too, and laugh at her antics. I guess her loneliness is in the past, and she and the three horses finally get along. She does have her own house, though so the other horses can't push her out. She knows it hers because it smells like the ducks backs at the other place. This is where she goes back to when it rains or to sleep at night.

© Copyright 2021 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (UN: sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeannie Cheering for Martel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014049-Daisy-Our-Donkey