*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016825-Home-is-Where-the-People-Arent
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1016825 added September 5, 2021 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
Home is Where the People Aren't
The Original Logo.


PROMPT September 5th
What is the best thing to come out of staying at home?


The best thing to come out of staying home is that I don't have to go around people. Seriously. My introverted tendencies have grown in epic proportion to the point that I am now anti-social, well at least as far as socializing with humans goes. Staying home, I don't have to experience the panic attacks that my social anxiety brings on anytime I have to be around more than a handful of people. I suppose I am becoming feral. (you can laugh there) I almost don't know how to behave in public anymore.

Another positive of my being homebound is that I have much more time to spend with my fur and scale babies, and they all need all the love they can get. With two cats, a big dog, a lizard, and a tortoise, my time has to be divided up amongst them even though I know the fur-kids would each love all of my attention. The cats already show jealousy of each other and the dog is jealous of my time spent with anyone but him. But they're getting more loves and cuddles now that I'm home almost all the time.

I also have time to do those things I put off constantly when I was working, like writing and crafting stuff. (And cleaning my house when I am feeling up to it). I have gotten more writing done since I've been a non-working member of society than I think I did in the last five years combined. Kudos to me! I needed this. I feel more myself again, even though I honestly miss teaching. Writing is something I can take with me when I have to go see a doctor or am on the road for whatever other reason I am forced to leave home-sweet-home.

So there you have it. I don't have to be around people, I get to spend more time with my animals, and I am doing more writing. My stay at home blessings in a nut shell.


Word Count: 349




© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016825-Home-is-Where-the-People-Arent