*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033728-Music-In-My-Life---A-Glorious-Chorus
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1033728 added June 11, 2022 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Music In My Life - A Glorious Chorus
Blogging Circle of Friends: Day 3401 June 11, 2022


Music: WebMD did a study showing music helps improve our focus, helps us study better and calms us in emotional situations. Do you agree or disagree? How does music work in your life?

https://www.webmd.com/balance/features/benefits-music-studying#:~:text=Music%20I...


Music does indeed calm the savage beast. I used to sing the little ditty 'You are my sunshine whenever my ex-husband upset me... only I changed the words to 'you are my a**hole, my only a**hole, please don't piss me off today'. It would make me smile despite my frustration and I could get over the annoyance faster. Even humming the tune without the words was enough to get me through a rough patch.

Listening to music and singing along helps me relax. It makes a car journey so much better and I find when the traffic comes to a standstill I just jack up the tunes and belt it out. I'll get there, when I get there. I might as well enjoy the getting there, despite the traffic. I will turn the tunes down if I need to concentrate on my driving, particularly when I am unsure of where I am going.

I tend not to have a soundtrack for my writing. I know some people do, but I find I would be singing along instead of doing the writing. Still, songs can inspire the parts you are writing, so I am not ruling this out of my repertoire of tools. I would just have to listen and when the song is done, write.

Music without words can set the mood and not distract me. I have studied to Classical music in the past.

I also like listening to music when I meditate. There are particular songs for cleansing each chakra. The music is also not the kind of stuff I am not used to, so it keeps me engaged during the meditation - focused attention instead of nodding off to sleep.

I also find that music engages students. Students with special needs respond very well and I find that engagement uplifting. I often use music to help with transitions - for example clean up time.

Overall, I would say music is a huge part of my life. Even listening to the chorus of sounds around me as I sit outside to write is wonderful. I suppose that is why I prefer Spring, Summer and Fall to Winter. Snow has a way of buffering the sound and all the birds have gone into hiding.

© Copyright 2022 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033728-Music-In-My-Life---A-Glorious-Chorus