*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/148730-Terrorists
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#148730 added February 16, 2002 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
Terrorists

I'm with my son on a tour bus. We're on our way to Las Vegas; I'm going to be bowling in a tournament there. We get off the highway at a small town in the desert to refuel the bus and stop for lunch. There is a large truck parked across the road blocking our way. The bus driver stops and gets out of the bus to see what's going on.

Two men with automatic rifles jump out from behind the truck and take the driver hostage. One of the men climbs aboard the bus and points his gun at the five passengers at the front of the bus: "You, you, you, you, you! Out!"

The passengers, trembling in fear, stumble out of the bus. Once outside, the two in the front panic and try to run away. There is a burst of automatic gunfire, and all five passengers are dead, their bloody bodies strewn in the snow. People on the bus are screaming and crying. I am gripped with uncontrollable fear. I find myself whimpering and cowering on the floor, ashamed at my cowardice, yet unable to control myself.

The terrorist who just killed the passengers gets back onto the bus and waves his gun at us: "Everyone shut up and stay in your seats and you won't get hurt!" " You!" he says, pointing the rifle at me. "Get in your seat or I will shoot you like a dog!"

Nick looks over at me, his eyes pleading with me to get up. I'm ashamed at myself for being so afraid while my son is able to remain calm in this situation. I get up off the floor and take my seat.

The gunman stands at the front of the bus, guarding us, while his partner is outside holding a gun on the bus driver. The driver is on his cell phone, most likely contacting someone to give the terrorist's demands, hopefully negotiating for our release. A short time later, a helicopter arrives. The two gunmen get on board and the chopper flies away. The bus driver collapses in the snow, overcome with relief.

We all get out of the bus. The restaurant owner comes outside and invites us all in. Law enforcement types show up, and interview us about the ordeal, then let us go. The terrorists did something to the bus to disable it, so we are unable to leave. We're told that a replacement bus will be here in a couple of hours.

The restaurant owner tells us there is a bowling alley next door. I walk over there with Nick. Bowling a couple games sounds like a good idea right now.

© Copyright 2002 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/148730-Terrorists