*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337645-Random-thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#337645 added March 29, 2005 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
Random thoughts
Wow! It is such a heady feeling! I have finally completed writing 50K words in my novel "The Price of Friendship". The novel itself is far from complete and I think I might add at least another 20-30K words to it over the next five to ten months to complete it! Readers who would like to see its first seven-odd chapters may look in my Port under the folder "My Books". So far, I have written about 60K words in it, of which 50K were written between 1st and 29th of March as part of the item "March Novel Writing Month" run by sherrasq. I have also committed myself to writing another 10K words in other assorted genres, and I don't yet know if I will be able to meet that commitment or not. Anyway ... only the next 3 days will tell ...

My children are about to start their final examinations, and there is tension in the house. My wife gets annoyed if she finds me sitting before the computer and doing things that are not contributory to my daughters' efforts in the exam. This made the novel completion even more of a challenge!

As readers of my blog already know, she - that is Nishrin, my wife - is a qualified, practising beautician and has her own salon, where she employs 2-3 staff members and herself does all the advanced beauty treatments, cuts, facial massages, etc. She is an expert at giving a very soothing and relaxing massage. Recently, she is training for the traditional Indian Ayurvedic body massage - something that tourists come to India, and specifically Kerala and Gujarat states - to do upon themselves.

She leaves home by 10:30 daily morning, IST and returns only at about 7:45 p.m. Amazing dedication and an overbearing sense of accomplishment have made her one of the top beauticians in our area of the city.

Thanks to her, we have been able to raise our standard of living tremendously.

I owe a lot to her.

Taher

© Copyright 2005 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337645-Random-thoughts