*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338152-Hannah
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#338152 added March 31, 2005 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Hannah
Continuing what I left unfinished in the previous blog. Hannah is the most pretty, most loving and loveable and also the most crazy daughter of all! Hannah means "Compassionate". She is that, I can tell you with confidence and pride.

As she grew, she bloomed under the "tutoring" of her elder sister, and today, she does and behaves a lot like the elder one. However, and this is a fact, she is unique in many respects. She has a better rote memory, likes to read story books, writes her own short stories and is very good at art and colouring too.

You better believe it, dear reader!

At about the age of nine, we shot a photo portfolio of her and went about submitting it to ad agencies and film agencies. She was so enthusiastic about going for audition, she would drag me all over Mumbai for this audition and that one! I was at my wit's end, but did not let up. Finally, she got her chances and participated in two or three advertisement campaigns.

After this, something went wrong and she stopped getting any offers. In audition after audition, she gave her best, but her best wasn't good enough for the directors, who short-listed her but did not select her in the final analysis. Finally, she started getting frustrated. In mid-January, she told me that she was fed up with modelling and auditioning and would like to skip any such thing when it came up the next time. I had to respect her wishes, so I started saying "NO" to audition calls.

We spent nearly 17K Indian rupees behind her modelling, but failed to recover even 5K out of that. However, I think this insight into the ad and movie world has definitely been a lesson to all of us!

© Copyright 2005 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338152-Hannah