*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476833-Beware-of-Identity-Theft
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1148896
If I don't write about it, I might implode.
#476833 added November 12, 2018 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Beware of Identity Theft!
Even being a Katrina survivor does not exempt you from being a victim of this crime...

After discovering a strange charge of over $200 on her debit card, Friday morning, my sister contacted the bank and found out that someone was actually making illegal purchases through her account. The bank informed her that they were beginning an investigation, but my sister and I also researched the company where the illegal purchase was made. We found the company online and then phoned them. They were cordial and actually revealed that they were having a pretty big problem, this year, with people making illegal purchases. The company cancelled the order, and the bank said they would refund the money to my sister's account.

Before all was said and done, however, the person using the debit card illegally tried making another purchase that cost over $400, this time, which was denied because the bank was aware it was illegal by then. So, my sister decided to just close that particular account and to open another.



Please beware and remain safe this holiday season! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a joyous, prosperous, successful New Year!



© Copyright 2018 Fictiøn Ðiva the Wørd Weava (UN: fictiondiva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fictiøn Ðiva the Wørd Weava has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/476833-Beware-of-Identity-Theft