*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522921-Sunday-Soundings
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#522921 added July 22, 2007 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday Soundings
Poor hubby. One minute I was leaving the church service and the next he didn't know where I went. *Smile* I went to pray with the women in my small group.

This week has been a bad one for my small group.

One of the women had an MRI on her back. It looks like she has a degenerative (another maybe?) disk.

Another was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She's rather young, I think. At the most in her mid-thirties. And she has at least two young children.

Another's daughter was just diagnosed with scoliosis - a curvature of the spine. The pediatrician was the one to detect the condition. The specialist cannot see the girl (teen) until October, so the family will be left wondering until then. Is it just a slight curvature? Or a more severe one? Will just watching it be enough, or will she need a brace?

Our small group leader said that the children's Sunday school lesson she taught to her class today said it's important that we take our fears and joys, our prayers, to God as soon we realize there is a need or celebration. Since Susan discovered all of these things today, she called our group together after the church service so we could pray together. She said that when she teaches her kids' class, she is often reminded of things we should be doing as adults. Like today.

My own aches and pains seemed rather small today. That happens pretty often. I may hurt, but the pains and afflictions I have are not life-threatening ones. That doesn't mean they are not there. It just means that I know how blessed I am.


*********

You know...ever since the politicians started fussing and fighting about what to do about illegal immigrants, something has really been bugging me. I've noticed that a few columnists have written about this same thing.

If there were terrorits in our midst in 2001 who hated us so much and did so much damage, why in the world aren't our government leaders concentrating on securing our borders? It makes you wonder. There are some who think that they're not worried about our bordes because the 9/11 happenings were an inside job, not something the "terrorists" did. If that was the case, it would make sense that the country's leaders would not be worried about the borders.

I don't know what I think about all of that. But I do know that ever since 9/11 I have wondered why we haven't worked harder at closing the borders.

Remember FDR? He would have probably found a way to take the unemployed and send them to guard our borders.

Just some things to ponder.


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/522921-Sunday-Soundings