*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/525277-What-a-horrible-thing
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#525277 added August 2, 2007 at 1:09am
Restrictions: None
What a horrible thing
As I logged on to the computer around...I don't know...maybe 8:30 pm, my Yahoo front page said something about a bridge collapsing in Minneapolis during rush hour. I wondered why it wasn't mentioned on the news, then realized there was a time difference. The accident happened about 5 minutes after the evening news finished. Still, I'm surprised that there wasn't some breaking news report a bit later.

As I read the Yahoo information and viewed "raw video" with no words, I was amazed. The article said that there was some construction going on, as if that was an explanation. Later it was reported that they were filling in pot holes. Well, that certainly would not cause the damage that bridge experienced.

The late news reported that at least 7 people were dead and "dozens" injured. I pray that our WDC folks and their families are not among them. I know I have read things here by Minnesota folks.

I'm sure the rescue personnel (and divers) will be searching for missing persons for a while. Let's keep them all in our prayers. And the families involved.

**********
For those who asked about those July 4th parade pictures, I got this from the pastor today in a newsletter: http://4Salem.org/images/2007July4.wmv Hopefully you'll be able to view this easily using Windows Media Player. (I had to re-download it myself and find a "codec2" before I could see and hear. Grrr.)

The music was some of what was piped to the crowds as we passed by. Our church members sang along with the music (no, none of our folks were actually playing instruments, just marching and giving out bottled water to the crowds...and clapping and singing...*Smile* That song is one of the favorites of our praise and worship team and of our members.

What was really fun was when folks in the crowd joined in to sing with us. *Smile*


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/525277-What-a-horrible-thing