*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570006-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#570006 added February 25, 2008 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Monday....
Once I get past Monday, the rest of the work week is a whole lot easier to take. Even though nothing catastrophic happened to me, and the day really wasn't all that bad, I still hate Mondays with a passion.

I'm sure one of my boys hated it worse than me today, though.

Fresh off the school bus, he sauntered into the building, fire engine red I-dare-you-to-say-something-to-me-about-it skull cap still on, ear buds in his ears leading from the mp3 player he wasn't supposed to have, cell phone hanging in plain sight from the waistband of pants sagged to the point of obscenity. When checked by the vice principal about the whole sorry state of his affairs, he copped an attitude with her and lipped off.

His repeat offender and on the bubble status with the Vice Principal didn't help his case any. Nor did the fact that it was Monday for her, too. The young man was suspended and in his mother's car, headed back to the house before the first bell.

One thing I can say for Mondays is they do not discriminate. Fair and impartial, regardless of race, creed, age, etc., that first day of the work/school/business week can be a bitch to anybody.

© Copyright 2008 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570006-Monday