*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700702-How-to-Acquire-Gift-Points
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(136)
Rated: E · Book · Other · #101
Explanations and instructions of all things Writing.Com.
#700702 added July 2, 2010 at 10:11pm
Restrictions: None
How to Acquire Gift Points
Just as there are many ways to spend Gift Points, there are even more ways to acquire them!

*Bullet* Purchasing Gift Points: Members may purchase Gift Points from within the Writing.Com Shop   (available from the navigation under the Writing.Com logo) in various quantities. Orders paid by Paypal are automatically processed and the Gift Points will show up as soon as the payment goes through. Payments sent by snail mail (checks and money orders) are processed by hand and taken care of as soon as the payment arrives.

These Gift Points are then stored in your Gift Points area where you will see logs of how many Points you have purchased from the store, received from other members and given out to other members. Your total available Gift Points are always shown to you within the navigation under the Writing.Com logo, as well.

*Bullet* Earning Gift Points by Reviews: One of the most popular ways to earn Gift Points on Writing.Com is through our review system.

Review Mixer: Earn Gift Points for each quality review that you send to a member whom you have never before reviewed. Besides being a great way to earn Gift Points, this is also a wonderful way to meet new members within the Writing.Com community. Cheating the system will not be tolerated and may result in exclusion from our Reward Systems or account termination. For complete information, please read: "The Review Mixer.

Daily Rewards: Earn Gift Points through the Writing.Com Daily Rewards system. The purpose of this feature is to encourage members to provide each other with meaningful feedback for more items each day and to reward those members that provide such feedback. Cheating the system will not be tolerated and may result in exclusion from our Reward Systems or account termination. For complete information, please read: "Daily Review Rewards.

Auto-Rewards: Many authors automatically reward Gift Points to reviewers of an item which he or she has set to automatically reward Gift Points for quality reviews of 250 characters or more. Cheating the system will not be tolerated and may result in exclusion from our Reward Systems or account termination. For complete information, please read: "Auto-Rewards.

Public Review Rewards: Members within the community can reward good reviews that have been publicly posted on our Reviews page with varying amounts of Gift Points. To participate in this feature, simply set your review for any item to be listed publicly. This can be done within the same area where you are typing your review. Cheating the system will not be tolerated and may result in exclusion from our Reward Systems or account termination. For complete information, please read: "Reviewing On Writing.Com.


*Bullet* Official Writing.Com Contests: Every month, Writing.Com hosts at least two writing contests that will not only spur your creativity, but give you a chance to win big Gift Point prizes! To see what contests are currently running, visit "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com.

*Bullet* Member Hosted Contests: There are always a plethora of contests run by Writing.Com Members. To see what contests are currently being promoted by our members, visit "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com.

*Bullet* Scrolling Games: On Scrolling Messages, members have the ability to create various types of games, which reward Gift Points to the winner. For more information on Scrolling Games, read: "Instant Message Console.

*Bullet* Being Helpful: Members frequently reward other members just for being helpful and friendly within the community. Answering questions, supporting each other, giving quality reviews, and many other random acts might just earn you some Gift Points!


Recommended Reading

© Copyright 2010 The StoryMistress (UN: storymistress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The StoryMistress has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700702-How-to-Acquire-Gift-Points