poems inspired from the prompts from the blog "The Sunday Whirl".
I enjoy writing to prompts. The prompts provide a framework, a skeleton, to hang your imagination upon. I've run across a blog called The
Sunday Whirl . The blog's author always provides an interesting word cloud to spark your creativity. Just google it. The following words
inspired a birthday poem for my friend Fran. You should understand that Frannie is a former go-go dancer and is now a born-again renegade
Words: link, recipe, operator, chain, fence, rose, forgiven, dusk, pencil, empty, trace, essentials
Serendipitously, Fran's presents were all food and cooking related.
Cooking with Fran
Fran knows the essentials of a recipe for life.
1. Discard all prior operating rules.
2. Know that you are forgiven.
3. Be a rose blooming through a chain link fence.
4. At dusk, with a purple pencil, trace the empty chambers of your heart.
5. Place the finished product before the Operator in charge of the universe.