*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803631-Funny-Friday-Snows-Silly-Impulses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#803631 added January 17, 2014 at 1:26pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Snow's Silly Impulses
It's Funny Friday! The January 17, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Write about a silly impulse buy that you only regretted after bringing it home. What made you think it was a good idea?

Lately, my silly impulses have concerned good in the middle of the night, which is a time I'm not willing to get dressed and drive to a restaurant or store. Thinking back over the past several years about purchase, I've had a lot of silly impulse to purchase stuff, but at the time I didn't have the money so I couldn't buy anything that I would regret later (there are advantages to being low on cash with a lot of debt).

The only silly impulse I can remember is the time I had a political campaign poster put up in our yard when I was living with my mother and stepfather in Shawnee, Oklahoma. I know it was a politician they back (and therefore the rest of the immediate family had to back), but I can't remember the person's name or whether it was a local or national election. Anyway, the sign was put up and the next morning he took it out when he was backing his pickup out of the yard. At the time (because of his reaction), it wasn't funny, but think back over the incident I find it amusing and revealing. I don't put up political posters any more, all though, I do find most political campaign ads either amusing, tear worthy, or down right hilarious. In fact, sometimes I laugh so hard at the campaign ads I cry.

*****

Now on to something that's more important then political ads and silly impulses, which is Earth Day 2014 and the Earth Day Neworks1 2014 campaign. This year's campaign is Green Cities2, which focuses on using renewable energy to power our cities and businesses.



Footnotes
1  http://www.earthday.org/
2  http://www.earthday.org/greencities/


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803631-Funny-Friday-Snows-Silly-Impulses