*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849247-Winter-then-comes-Spring
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#849247 added May 10, 2015 at 9:55pm
Restrictions: None
Winter then comes Spring
Ann Bradstreet said, " if we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant." Would you agree with that statement? Do we need to have the unhappy side of something to fully experience its happier side? Why or Why Not?

I just touched on this in the previous blog. I'll add just a note here. I think its very evident that without conflict one cannot truely enjoy victory.
I saw the trailers to the movie The Giver. I'm sure there are many who were apalled at the concept and clapped when the young man fought for change.
BUT!!!  We have become a society headed for that very concept. Its incidous. It creaps in with the thought, no child should be bullied. It hurts their feelings and causes some to commit suicide. The next lie that is told to our children and their parents is; There should be no losers. All children must win. Losing makes a child think they are less than someone else. That sets a bad example and these children can be scarred for life.

This concept has fostered a bunch of whimps and weak minded children and adults. If a parent can't deal with dissapointment then their kids are going to struggle. To overcome that these under achiever parents want their children to become just a recognized as other children who are more talented or work harder.
They want this Share mentality. Equality for everyone.  Its a sick policy and it goes all they way to the top of our government.
The rich should share their wealth with the poor. If its such a good idea why don't they show by example and have the same insurance policy they are thrusting on the citizens of this country?
What about the children who experience disappointment? being chosen last? Being told by caring parents that hard work will get you farther ahead? That learning to play well with others makes you a better person? That giving a helping hand and tutoring someone who needs help teaches you manger skills?
Life isn't fair unless you live in the world of The Giver. If parents who know how to deal with the negatives of life pass that on to their children there would be less suicides. There is hope if you know where to look for it. There is a better life if you are willing to work at it. There is a reward both for hard work and for those who chose to believe that it can all be accomplished with God directing the path. There will be hard times and glorious good times. If you choose to end your own life the result is devistating to you, your family and all those around them.
If you learn to accept the hard times life hands you. accept you may have made bad choices and fix them, the other side of that is a life worth living.



© Copyright 2015 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849247-Winter-then-comes-Spring