*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874772
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2076109
My 2016 Nano Project
#874772 added February 23, 2016 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
Kaylee's Room
I don't know why I see myself from a third person kind of view, but that's what happened when Danya came at me with her steely claws. I saw myself from the behind. Long black hair that dropped straight and flat against my back. My eyes were wide and searching. Danya was menacing. Her usual soft, dark, blondish hair, flowed up and down in wavy fashion as she approached. I imagined a hiss coming from her lips but really she said nothing. It was just the look on her face that made me cringe. I knew I was in trouble and wondered if she would kill me. I know that she would if she could but she wouldn't want to make my death appear too obvious.

"I'll be nice," she said. She put one hand upon my shoulder. It slid over to my neck and pushed me away from her face. I was quiet and tried to walk away. The door was near but my legs managed only two steps before she got in front of me. Her stare forced my eyes away and I started backing away from her.

"Is there a problem?" I could barely speak the last word as it tumbled awkwardly almost like a gurgle from my stuttering tongue.

The hiss seemed to crescendo and then I realized the sound was my own fear causing the rush of blood to pound my eardrums as I anticipated the worst to come. She had not moved at all and I could barely breathe. I wondered, are we going to fight?

Outside the room, the others went about their business. They knew she preyed on me and found the whole idea boring and kept busy with whatever was more fascinating, which was probably planning the destruction or demise of someone else. That made me more scared above all because I knew I had no friends here, in this place which is home.

Just then, a man's voice, deep and chirpy boomed a greeting as he entered the building. Danya's eyes cocked toward the sound and she sauntered off. I thought she went to look for him, but then he appeared at the doorway, joy twinkling from eyes to nose to mouth, so happy to share his good news with me. This was the man who I call my father. But, he may as well be like the rest of them, indifferent to my well being.

Still I was happy to see him. Something about the way he opened his heart to me that made me love him so. I can't explain it. Despite what horrible feelings that hurt my heart and mind, all I could feel now was joy, and I gave him a hug to show how much I loved him.

© Copyright 2016 the last cicada (UN: deadbluesea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
the last cicada has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874772