*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886420-BC--The-Eagle
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#886420 added July 4, 2016 at 1:14am
Restrictions: None
BC: The Eagle.
Prompt: Why do you think bald eagle became a symbol of USA? And what would you do if a bald eagle landed on the roof of your dwelling and began eyeing you?

So why is it the national symbol? I don't know. Probably because it is a powerful bird, has excellent eyesight, is a predator bird. Let's face it, if you are a young country, you want the symbols that represent you as a nation to match and track with the goals you are striving for.

If an eagle came up and landed on the roof of my house, I would be in awe. I would just look at it and give it honor and respect. In Native American culture, the eagle takes prayer requests in its mighty talons and carries them to the spirits in the universe. That it is pearched on my roof and is watching me would mean that all obstacles are being removed and that I will be protected in the path taken.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886420-BC--The-Eagle