Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
‘Idál (Justice), 2 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 174 Badi - Wednesday, May 17, 2017 CE
"Consort with all men, O people of Bahá, in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship. If ye be aware of a certain truth, if ye possess a jewel, of which others are deprived, share it with them in a language of utmost kindliness and good-will. If it be accepted, if it fulfil its purpose, your object is attained. If any one should refuse it, leave him unto himself, and beseech God to guide him. Beware lest ye deal unkindly with him. A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men. It is the bread of the spirit, it clotheth the words with meaning, it is the fountain of the light of wisdom and understanding."1
Istijlál (Majesty), 3 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 174 Badi - Thursday, May 18, 2017 CE
I began this entry yesterday, but didn't get completed. Therefore, I'm combining the Midweek Reflections with the Thankful Thursday entry. I will finish this today, and post my Gratitude List to my offsite blog Poet999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon , as soon as I finish the list. I've been doing good with my daily post because I have posted each day for the past five days. I want to keep it up, but I think I'll have to plan the post a little better and probably watch the grammar.
Response to "Short Stories Newsletter (May 17, 2017)" :"I always enjoy reading this newsletter because I either learn something, or find an idea for a story and/or poem. This week I learned a new phrase "Utica Cribs", I'm not sure how I will use it yet. I'll have to brain storm this for a couple of days before I decide the approach."
Thankful Thursday Gratitude List for May 18, 2017
Today I am grateful...
01. ...for freshly brewed Folgers black silk coffee because it is my favorite type of coffee.
02. ...that I can open the front door to let in the (almost) fresh Las Vegas morning air.
03. ...for the Comma Sense class I am taking on writing.com
04. ...that I have two responses from the May fantasy newsletter to post in the June newsletter.
05. ...for a cold 29 fl. oz. can of Arizona Sweet Tea because it is one of my favorite cold drinks.
06. ...that I already have three items for the editor's picks in the June fantasy newsletter.
07. ...for two small oranges that I can eat for my afternoon snack.
08. ...that my checking account is not overdrawn.
09. ...for the 16.9 fl. oz. of bottled water we have in the house.
10. ...that I was able to put the photo of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá in a new frame.