Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
Istijlál (Majesty), 10 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 174 Badi - Thursday, May 25, 2017 CE
"Rid thou thyself of all attachments to aught except God, enrich thyself in God by dispensing with all else besides Him, and recite this prayer:
Say: God sufficeth all things above all things, and nothing in the heavens or in the earth or in whatever lieth between them but God, thy Lord, sufficeth. Verily, He is in Himself the Knower, the Sustainer, the Omnipotent.
Regard not the all-sufficing power of God as an idle fancy. It is that genuine faith which thou cherishest for the Manifestation of God in every Dispensation. It is such faith which sufficeth above all the things that exist on the earth, whereas no created thing on earth besides faith would suffice thee. If thou art not a believer, the Tree of divine Truth would condemn thee to extinction. If thou art a believer, thy faith shall be sufficient for thee above all things that exist on earth, even though thou possess nothing."1
This is one of my favorite scriptures. I like the fact that it explains that love of God is love of His Manifestation. In this age the Manifestation of God is Baha'u'llah, but that doesn't preclude love of Christ or any other previous Manifestation because all of them are sent by God. It's just that I need to focus my love on Baha'u'llah and do my best to follow the laws for this age.
Gratitude list for Thursday, May 25, 2017
Today I am thankful...
01. ...for the prayers revealed by The Bab, Baha'u'llah, and 'Abdu'l-Baha.
02. ...that I was able to download the Baha'i prayer app to my smartphone.
03. ...for fresh brewed Folgers black silk coffee for breakfast.
04. ...that I am able to pick up some of my prescriptions when I go to see my doctor.
05. ...for bottles of ice cold water now that it were experiencing triple digit temperatures.
07. ...that I could read Some Answered Questions on my smartphone while waiting to see the doctor.
08. ...for the inspiration I receive from reading the scriptures.
09. ...that my checking account is not overdrawn.
10. ...for writing.com.
Perhaps I need my head examined, but I'm signed up for "Around the World in Fifty-Two Weeks" . I need to focus on editing and rewriting "Scavengers" which means I'll have to cut down on some of my blog entries. I'll cut the entries in Poet999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon2 down to every-other-day. As for the blog prompts from "Blogging Circle of Friends " , "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise" , and "30-Day Blogging Challenge" , I'll chose one to do each day. The next issue is the surveys, and I'm not sure what I'll do about those because sometimes I enjoy doing them. Perhaps pick out a few to do each day.