*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915713-Midweek-Reflections-for-July-19-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#915713 added July 20, 2017 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections for July 19, 2017
‘Idál (Justice), 8 Kalimát (Words) 174 Badi - Wednesday, July 19, 2017 CE

O My servants! … With firm determination, with the whole affection of your heart, and with the full force of your words, turn ye unto Him, and walk not in the ways of the foolish. The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion. It may, moreover, be likened unto the lifeless image of the beloved whom the lover hath sought and found, in the end, after long search and to his utmost regret, to be such as cannot “fatten nor appease his hunger.”
Bahá’u’lláh1

I'm not sure how good a job I'm doing when it comes to focusing on Baha'u'llah. Perhaps I shouldn't worry about how good a job I'm doing and just focus, or, at least, attempt to focus. It's easier at 70 to focus my heart and soul on Baha'u'llah then it was at sixty or fifty. I think the only thing I can do is continue to pray, meditate, and read the scriptures. I seem to be able to do a better job when I work on the poems I'm dedicating to the Blessed Beauty.


Goals I have Accomplished today

*BoxCheckB* Poem 62 of 200 Dedicated to the Blessed Beauty
*BoxCheckR* Poem 40 of 200 Dedicated to the Blessed Beauty
*BoxCheck* Poem 41 of 200 Dedicated to the Blessed Beauty
*BoxCheckR* I did get some review accomplished, but nothing on my review list.
*BoxCheckB* Poem 45 of 200 Dedicated to the Blessed Beauty

Today the only thing I wanted to do was write poetry. I wrote "Zombies at Dawn and entered it in Stormy's Newsletter contest. I finished 3 poems of the 65 I have planned so far. I still have 138 of the 200 to plan and 158 to finish.

Goals for the week of 17-21
posted on "Weekly Goals

*BoxCheckB* In "Bicentenary Poems and Prose finish poems 30, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.
*BoxCheckR* Finish paper work and get in the mail before Wednesday.
*Box* Review items on Item Review lists.
*Box* Write an essay and/or activity for "Invalid Item.
*Box* Work on We Will Rise Up!

Footnotes
1  Bahái Words for July 19, 2017.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915713-Midweek-Reflections-for-July-19-2017