*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926313-Mosquito
Rated: E · Book · Technology · #1973676
Thoughts from time to time.
#926313 added January 7, 2018 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
Mosquito
  We've been having cold and snow this first week in January! In fact, two nights in a row it got down to a minus twenty five below zero! Darn cold! In fact, so cold that while your brain is freezing, it is also looking for something positive. One of the things the frozen brain comes up with is, 'Well at least the mosquito's have all been froze out!' But then why would we have them in the coming year! Answer, 'Only the strong survive.' That answer was brought home last evening as I was watching my neighbor shoveling his sidewalk. All at once the shovel went flying and he was making snow angels. It was evening and getting dark so I was just a little concerned since he is an elderly gentleman, even if he was tough as nails and demanded that he remain independent. It was no more then two shakes of a lambs tail before he was back up and continued shoveling.





  This morning I asked Old Man Vilhelm what happen last night that he ended up in the snow? He gave me that quizzical look that said,'It's none of your ----- business!' Then he gave me that tall tail that I had almost forgot about; "I did see a mosquito when I was shoveling my sidewalk." He said. "I noticed a movement in the snow and then I saw a proboscis appear. Soon after one wing, the ugly head and the rest of the cursed creature emerged. It saw me and flew strait for my neck. I tried to swat it with my shovel but it was too quick. It stuck a major vain and it's body was soon enlarged with my precious blood. I smashed the beast and the blood flowed down my neck and into my shirt. I collapsed on my knees, threw back my head and howled at the moon. And then because the neighbors were watching, I collected myself and continued to shovel the walk. What's it to you!!"





  Footnote; This entry was inspired by a Facebook post, written by a character known as Vilhelm Flugheim. The post is what I think is a partial to something I read forty years ago. So I decided I'd try to reconstruct from my memory and put it into story form. Enjoy! 


















© Copyright 2018 charlie55 (UN: charlie55 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charlie55 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926313-Mosquito