*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930365-Immediate-Action-Drills
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#930365 added March 10, 2018 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
Immediate Action Drills
Once a school shooting begins its a little late to try and end it.

Returning Prayer and the pledge of alleginece to schools, mental health counseling, eliminating "Promise" programs, insisting on disciplined learning environments are worthwhile matters to consider however, the Liberals who control education will never change their stripes and will insist on more of the same old nonsense they've been peddling since the end of WW2.

If you look at the laws that are being enacted, they are not going to help much either..., and when the crazies realize the scope of the political mayhem offered by school shootings the likelihood of repetition and more carnage approaches certainty. No doubt the home grown and foreign terrorists are already taking notes.

The only way a school shooting can be stopped, once it gets started, is for those in the vortex to take violent and immediate action. From start to finish an active shooter(s) scenario is of short duration. Five to seven minutes is the expected timeframe. After that its all over but the crying, gnashing of teeth and bloviating rhetoric of incompetent sheriffs, educators and elected officials trying to cover their asses.

Only those inside the vortex have a chance at ending the slaughter once it gets started. The designated school law enforcement officer can become a game changer as could a percentage of armed teaches, and coaches. If counter forces inside the building, exercise immediate action, there is hope the matter can be nipped in the bud. Otherwise the situation becomes increasingly ugly as the minutes pass, ending only when the terrorists expend their ammunition or beat a hasty withdrawal. The sad truth is that by the time law enforcement arrives and decides upon a course of action, the window of opportunity has already slammed shut and the perpetrators fled. Active shooter drills practiced by local law enforcement are pretty much a waste of time. For those arriving late to the scene the only promising option is to take out a firearm and rush headlong into the school. This is opposed to setting up a perimeter, waiting for the SWAT Team to arrive, or asking the FBI to send a hostage negotiator.

Whether teachers like the idea or not at least ten percent of them must have quick access to weapons, be trained in their use, and most importantly be conditioned to take the bold and immediate action necessary to protect their students.


© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930365-Immediate-Action-Drills