The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
Thursday, May 17, 2018
Gratitude for Inspiration
All praise and glory be to you, O Lord,
for the inspiration I receive
from you sacred word.
The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise" prompt for Day 1612
Make a list of everything that inspires you-from books to web sites, paintings and movies and anything else you can think of.
Inspiration Gratitude List
If I made a complete list of everything that inspires me, it would fill up this entire blog. Therefore, I am going to list the nine most important categories of items that inspire me, some with examples.
1. The sacred scriptures, which includes, but is not confined to, the Baha'i scriptures, the Holy Qur'an, the Holy Bible, and the Bhagavad Gita.
2. Reviewing poems, stories, and essays on writing.com. There are numerous authors on writing.com whose work is inspiring; however, it isn't confined to a specific genre.
3. Websites that publish art work, poetry, and essay. One of these websites is "e*lix*ir" http://www.elixir-journal.org/, which publishes works inspired by the Baha'i beliefs.
4. Any type of food or liquid refreshment I enjoy consuming.
5. Website or blogs that publish intriguing and thought provoking articles, videos, or podcasts. Two examples of these are (1) the Baha'i Blog http://bahaiblog.net/site/ and (2) BahaiTeachings.org http://bahaiteachings.org/.
6. News websites, alright some of the stories on the Guardian, CNN, and the Huffington Post websites sometimes irritate and piss me off, but that doesn't mean they are not inspiring. One website that has thought provoking news articles, that don't piss me off, is the Baha'i World News Service http://news.bahai.org/.
7. Science fiction and fantasy stories and books. Since there are a number of them I'm not going to list any examples.
8. Articles about science and astronomy. I subscribe to these items online and access them from one of my e-mail addresses.
9. Pictures of the Baha'i Temples across the planet and buildings at the Baha'i World Center on Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel.