*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941252-A-van-to-suit-my-travel-needs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#941252 added September 11, 2018 at 12:13pm
Restrictions: None
A van to suit my travel needs
On my recent trip that didn't turn out exactly the way I envisioned it would, I got to know my van better than I wanted.

First the transmission crapped out and then I had to get it repaired and drive home. It was the middle of August and hot on the East Coast.

Returning home I slept in my van at rest areas and truck stops. It saved me the expense of Motel Rooms which I had to spend while I was getting the van repaired.

It wasn't really that uncomfortable and I began looking at U-Tubes and finding out how people who live full time in vans get along. The results were indeed interesting.

I resolved to turn my Dodge Ram City Van into a "stealth" vehicle. A stealth vehicle is a van that does not give away the fact that somebody is living inside it. As a result the owner has a wider range of overnight night options than somebody with an obvious camping RV or Trailer.

The problem is to determine the best way to design and build a Stealth Van.

Facts bearing on the problem.

1. On future trips I plan to sleep in my van to avoid the cost of campground and motels.
2. I don't want to be limited to rest stops, Walmart parking lots and truck stops.
3. I can't afford to buy a fully tricked out Recreational Vehicle.
4. I don't want to build something that exceeds my needs
5. I want to use the Van I currently own.
6. My budget while not excessive will support my conversion plans

Assumptions bearing on the problem.

1. I have another ten years left with an expectation of the health and strength to pursue my travel dreams.
2. I will not suffer an unexpected illness
3. My wife will accompany me
4. She will also continue in good health

Course of Action

1. Purchase a tricked out van, either new or used.
2. Upgrade my van with the moderate amenities
3. Upgrade my van with minimum essential amenities.

Discussion:

1. I can't afford option 1. I want to spend my money on travel and not on a vehicle
2. This is the option I chose because I am handy with tools and have the skills to make basic improvements
3. I will be starting out minimum essential and upgrading as I have a better sense for what "Moderate Amenities" is defined as.

At this point the problem statement has become narrower in scope. The problem statement now is to determine the best way to upgrade my van to accommodate a lifestyle that will include traveling in the United States and abroad.

So what do I really require in a van in the form of Moderate Amenities to satisfy my requirement. So what is my requirement?

Facts Bearing on the new problem statement:

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941252-A-van-to-suit-my-travel-needs