*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948383
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#948383 added December 28, 2018 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
My First Memory
My First Memory

         My first memory is a collage of darkness and light. Of moving through a tunnel of darkness interspersed with patches of light. O setting in the backseat of a car driving down a dark country road in the moonlight. Of moonlight that was interrupted by the darkness of trees over-shadowing the dirt road we were traveling on. Trees on either side of the road made a patchwork of darkness against the full moonlight. This is a memory of moving from the darkness into the light of a cousin's farm house.
         I remember riding in the backseat of my Grandfather's car as we drove to my cousins' house. My cousins, the Chitwoods, lived on a farm several miles from Blackwell, the town where I grew up. We would go to their farm on Saturday or Sunday evenings. I road in the backseat of the car, sometimes setting up and sometime laying down, and never wearing a seat belt; there were no seat belts in cars in t hose day. I road in the backseat and watched the scenery go by it was a patchwork of dark country side interspersed with patches of moonlight and lit farm house yards. This collage of darkness and light has been the framework of my entire life. Tunnels of darkness interspersed with patches of light or corridors of light interspersed with patches of darkness.

Poet's Note:

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948383