*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948492
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#948492 added December 30, 2018 at 2:51pm
Restrictions: None
Caught In The Act
Caught in the Act

We got caught in the act, of course. I mean there was never any question that we would eventually get caught. You can't do something like that every ten minutes for two hours straight, without getting caught. It was only a matter of time before someone caught us. And that I think back over the situation, I believe we wanted to get caught.

I'm not sure whose idea it was in the first place. It could have been my idea or maybe it was Frank's or Tome's or Faye's. No, I don't think it was Faye's idea. It was probably mine, I mean anything that had to do with food was usually my idea. That incident concerned chocolate syrup and bread. Since I've gone this far, I may as well tell all of it.

It started innocently enough. We had finished dinner, but were still hungry. So we asked Grandma if we could have chocolate syrup and white bread. Don't turn up your nose at it. Chocolate syrup and white bread is very tasty. However, we didn't stop there. We added a little something to it.

This is what we did. First, we squeezed the chocolate syrup on slices of white bread. We each ate one slice of bread like that. Then someone suggest we run water over the chocolate covered bread. Grandpa came into the kitchen to see what we were doing.

"Don't do that!" He said.

Were were in the kitchen whe he told us: "Don't do that!" It was OK with us, because we wanted to go outside anyway. So, we went outside, and every few minutes we went back into the kitchen to spread chocolate syrup on the white bread. Next we went into the backyard and held the bread with the chocolate under the faucet.

Apparently, we were too quite, because Grandpa got specious. He came outside to see what we were doing. That was the last time we spread chocolate syrup on white bread and ran water over it.

Poet's Note:


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948492