*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959146
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#959146 added May 17, 2019 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Feast of Grandeur
Istiqlál (Independence), 1 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 176 B.E. - Friday, May 17, 2019
Feast of Grandeur

"Know verily nothing will benefit a person save the love of the Merciful One. Nothing illuminates a man's heart save the radiance which shines forth from the Kingdom of God! Put away every thought and doubtful mentioning and keep thy thoughts entirely on that which uplifts man to the heaven of the gift of God and that which causes every bird that belongs to the Kingdom to soar unto the incomparable realms, the center of everlasting grandeur in this world."
Abdu'l-Baha1

This is the first day of ‘Aẓamat, the month of Grandeur. The first day of the month is the Feast Day of Grandeur, because that is when the nineteen-day feast for this month is usually held. The nineteen-day feast is divided into three portions: (1) the spiritual, (3) business, and (4) social. The spiritual portion consist of readings from the Baha'i scriptures, music, and prayer. During the business portion reports from the Local Spiritual Assembly (local governing body of the Baha'i Faith), letter from the National Spiritual Assembly, and the Universal House of Justice are read. In addition, the community members share suggestions with the LSA. During the social portion refreshments are served and the community members socialize.



On the day of Baha,
in the month of 'Azamat,
united in purpose
and harmonized in thought
we celebrate...

O Lord,
Our diversity reveals
the grandeur of Thy Cause.

Men and women,
adults and youth,
raise their voices in praise
at the Supper of the Lord.

There are two upcoming Holy Days in ‘Aẓamat: (1) on 8 ‘Aẓamat (May 24) is the Celebration of the Declaration of The Bab, and (2) on 13 ‘Aẓamat (May 29) is the Commemoration of the Ascension of Baha'u'llah. In other news, I have finished 15 of 200 poem I am dedicating to The Bab, there are 164 days until October 29 (the Bicentenary of the Celebration of the Birth of the Bab), which is the deadline for finishing the 200 poems.

Gratitude List for 1 ‘Aẓamat

Today I am thankful...
         *BulletV* ...that i have 508 points in my Survey Junkie account today.
         *BulletV* ...for the chocolate covered doughnut I had with my coffee this morning.
         *BulletV* ...that I discovered some Quotations from The Bab  , that I can get inspiration for the poems I have left to write.
         *BulletV* ...for the banana I had to go with my lunch today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have $11.66 in my Inbox Dollars account.
         *BulletV* ...for the can of Arizona sweet ice tea I had to go with my lunch today.
         *BulletV* ...that I have 808,289 GPs in my Gift Points account.


Footnotes
1  Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha
2  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/2019/05/feast-of-grandeur.html.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959146