*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973829-What-is-Purgatory
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #2202646
Jesus said, "Obey or I will kill you."( Luke 19:27)
#973829 added January 20, 2020 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
What is Purgatory?




2 Machabees 12:43-46, Judas had defeated Gorgias. He gathered Jews who had been slain in battle.
It was discovered under their cloaks the coins, which they had stolen from the idols of Jamnia.
Judas prayed that God would forgive their sin and the stolen silver was sent to the Temple of Jerusalem
for sacrifices for the sins of the dead.

Is it not more reasonable to suppose that at death we go directly to Heaven or Hell?
The sin is the sinner's guilt in life and death.
What if someone prayed for Adolf Hitler to be forgiven by God?
They could make animal sacrifices to God, Judas did.
What if Adolf Hitler was insane or invincibly ignorant?
Catholic Dogma states that the insane and invincibly ignorant will be forgiven for their sins.
I do not see any evidence that Judas' slain soldiers were not aware of their wrongdoing.
They knew they were stealing from idols.

No sinner may enter Heaven without the forgiving grace of Jesus, according to Catholic Dogma.
And we are all sinners, according to the Apostle Paul, "All fell in Adam and were raised up in Christ."
Where is our personal responsibility?
Deuteronomy 24:16 states, "The children shall not be punished for their father's sin."
The great flood in Genesis drowned innocent babies.
Noah was a just man, but not without sin... Why were he and his family spared?
His son Ham sinned against Noah. The flood did not stop sinfulness.

If we put religion to a vote, then Islam would rule the world.
Islam is the largest religion in the world, is that not democratic?
There is no purgatory in Islam.. Either you go to Heaven or Hell.
Most Protestant Christians believe that too; either you are saved or dammed to Hell by God.
Protestants will preach that God loves you and God predestined Adolf Hitler to Hell.
Adolf Hitler was born bad to the bone because God made him that way..
I think he chose to be evil. I don't know why God allows so much suffering.
But, what do I know? I am just a peasant.

Vertago
<^>
© Copyright 2020 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973829-What-is-Purgatory