*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976054-The-Chosen-One
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#976054 added February 21, 2020 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
The Chosen One
The Soundtrack of my Life


This song, Lego House, and the video that accompanies it, is the epitome of I told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on.... From my recollection, few people in America were really taking note of singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran until 2011. And despite the talent he was exhibiting, and the play he was getting on radio, I still found most people above the age of fifteen did not then know his name, or knew he was the name to associate with the two songs that were most played then, A-Team and Lego House. I admit, it was my twelve-year old that sent me to look at this video at that time, and now, just recently, this video link is how I have introduced others still in the dark about him.

Lego Song is not particularly straight-forward as a love song. The song, for me, takes on the flavor of the video -- it cannot be separated back out once you have seen this video as its representation. The farce that unfolds in this video is mental. For the majority of the video we are shown the seeming innocuous wanderings of a ginger lad, both out in the countryside, in meager habitation, even in the halls of a stadium preparing to perform before throngs of fans....who is this lad -- well, it is not Ed Sheeran. It is instead Rupert Grint (freshly off the Harry Potter meal train). Ed does make a few well placed appearances, helpful to the narrative, LOL! It says quite a bit about how musicians have to not only give life to their music, but be willing to see it have adventures of its own, even if the result is attracting curiosity-seekers, and purposefully confusing those uninitiated throngs. Ultimately it does get you ears.

(2nd celeb. music video guilty pleasure)

Ed Sheeran, Lego House feat. Rupert Grint

© Copyright 2020 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976054-The-Chosen-One