*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977383
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2213634
a journey into Wonderland
#977383 added March 7, 2020 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
Off With Your Head!
Create a blog entry (or static item) detailing an event that made you incredibly angry/frustrated. (<1000 words)

I don't play Monopoly anymore. For those of you who don't know, Monopoly is a game in which people go around and around a board, buying properties and charging rent if someone lands on theirs until only one person is left with money, at which point, a fight has broken out and at least three people aren't talking to each other anymore.

Actually, it seldom gets to that point. For sane people, after a period of time (this game has the potential (like Risk, which I also do not play) to last for roughly an eternity) they can tell that someone is going to win, and they concede. They give him all their money, preemptively, and go on about their day while they still are friends.

Unfortunately, not all people are sane. I had a friend (back when I still played Monopoly), who refused to let people concede to him. I'd sneak money into his pile or go on long snack runs which were designed to last until my third turn in jail had come and gone (in Monopoly, you can stay in jail as long as you don't get doubles. This is useful if there's absolutely no where for you to land on the entire board) and I had to go again. I'd tell him I was quitting and he'd sit on me and make me roll the dice and go again.

Now, this is the same friend who used to call me up and argue with me on the phone for two hours straight. One time, his brother was there and called me on it. I hadn't even realized that I was arguing, and then suddenly I'd spent two hours defending a position that I knew that my friend didn't even believe in the first place.

This is the same friend who once asked me what I would do if he tried to kiss me. I told him I'd tell his brother and have him beat him up for me. Hey, we were young. Once we were at church and I did something that made me so nervous that I was shaking and he was laughing at me so I hit him in front of the entire congregation. I mean, this is the kind of friend who's important but I can't imagine romantically.

Which is why I told him “no” when he asked me what I'd say if he asked me to marry him. Literally. He didn't ask me to marry him. Just “What would you say if I asked you to marry me.” “No.”

I couldn't have stood the arguments.

word count: 433

© Copyright 2020 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977383