*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977441-Mischievous-Flamingos
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2214457
Here I go down a rabbit hole. What will I encounter? What will I write? Viva l'imagination
#977441 added March 16, 2020 at 5:00pm
Restrictions: None
Mischievous Flamingos
         A newlywed couple honeymoon at an exclusive tropical resort. The husband decides that it is the perfect time to teach his new bride all about the civilized game of tennis. This is their volley of words, a repartee.
         The wife takes issue with certain tennis terms. " Where I'm from, a racket is a great deal of noise. Why is this called a racket? Could they, the tennis people, not think of a better name?"
         "It just is a racket."
         With this short answer, he hits the ball to her, and she misses it.
         The tennis coach husband yells,"One love."
         With a flourish,he then produces a second ball, from a pocket, and he once again hits it to his partner.This time, he hollers, "Serve."
         Unfazed with her futile swing, she comments, "I thought we agreed to have drinks after we played tennis."
         "What? We did. Serve means to deliver the ball."
         "Well that's just silly. You're not giving me the ball. Why don't you say , I'm hitting the ball now?"
         "I don't know. I didn't create this game. Wait, what are you doing?"
         "I want a turn to hit the ball. Why do you get all the turns?"
         Despite a valiant effort her ball strikes the net and bounces to the ground.
         "One darling," the eager novice player shouts.
         "Huh," he queries.
         "Didn't you hear me? I said one darling."
         "No, no, it's one love, but it's not. The ball failed to clear the net."
         "I know. I saw it. I hit the ball once. You count, I count."
         Her significantly exasperated other sighed, "Maybe we should try golf."
         "Ooo, is that the game with a stick?"
                   "It's a club. Well, to be precise one is a nine iron."
         "Isn't a club a caveman thing?" How do you hold an iron? Is that why golfers wear gloves?"
         "What are you on about now?"
"I have two irons, a clothes iron and a curling iron for my hair. They both get pretty hot."
         Groaning and shaking his head, the husband croaks, "Forget sports. Let's go for a walk."
         "A stroll or a hike? I need to know which shoes to wear." (359 words)

         PROMPT: Write a story about a game/match gone horribly wrong.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977441-Mischievous-Flamingos