*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980010-Hows-It-Going
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#980010 added April 2, 2020 at 10:23am
Restrictions: None
How's It Going
The projections and actual events get more dire everyday. We can only hope and pray that sheltering in place is working. I saw a report that showed my town of Apple Valley had it first case of COVID19, with other surrounding communities having 3 or 4 cases.

It's here and its knocking at our door. We are a bedroom community of greater Los Angeles approximately 60 miles south east. We have three hospitals in the High Desert, two in Victorville and 1 in Apple Valley. It's plain to see that when the numbers go up our little hospitals will be over whelmed in hours instead of days.

My wife and I have talked about the possibility of surviving this ordeal. If we do not become infected our chances are high. If we do catch it, we're in the group of over 65 with underlying conditions. If there are not enough ventilators to go around we will be sacrificed. Fact of Life!

At what point do you say your goodbyes? Is it a wait and see, or do you hedge your bet and talk to those you love.

My wife and I have experienced something like this before. Her aunt lived with us, and was hospitalized. She was on deaths door but held on until we arrived at the hospital. Once we were in the room, and Lou told her it was ok to let go, she breathed her last breath. We have been with both of Lou's parents when they too passed.

The news report how people are dying without loved ones present. The other problem will be if the number of deaths overwhelms communities and they can't get them buried. How do you make sure your mother will be buried in her plot next to her husband. There are no guarantees, one can only give it to the Lord!

Buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Life Is Good - God Bless

© Copyright 2020 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980010-Hows-It-Going