*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980419
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2217241
My blog, welcome.
#980419 added May 3, 2020 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
A Treasured Gift
FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


April 5th Blog Entry
——————————————————————————

You get to pick three people- living or dead- to be quarantined with. But...in order to pass time, you have to play Monopoly. Who wins? Who cheats? Who cries? Who flips the table, sending pieces flying everywhere? You choose the players and how they see the game through its finish.

I would pick my sisters, who are both flying high in Heaven right now. You see, they were born, but died a day and a week after their lungs sucked the crisp air. So they didn’t survive and I’ve never met them. But on this special and random day let’s say they came down, one time, to play a game with me.

“We want you to know us.” They would say just as the game starts. Christine, who is two minutes younger and I imagine who has blond hair (like my older brothers’), throws the dice and getting a two, flicks it so it lands on four. Grace scowls but doesn’t comment.

Yes, she cheated but as the years steadily increased I could not give an accurate answer to the last I had played a board game; especially not one with the deceased.

The red head (what other color except my fathers?) throws it and gets a five. It is now my turn. I grin and watch as it lands on six. “Like when we were born eh?” Christine quips. We all laugh.

A few more turns go by and it is now the winning throw. Grace twirls the cube, blows, and shoots. It lands on three, the winning spaces. She is the victor. Christine mutters a few words and glares at the game. But it is the end, and I am happy, so my lips turn upward and “Good game,” falls from my mouth.

© Copyright 2020 MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON (UN: mirakeening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980419