*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981294
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2217241
My blog, welcome.
#981294 added April 16, 2020 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Tonight, and Forevermore
Someone once asked me, “If you’re bleeding, but your lips proclaim otherwise, who are you deceiving?” My answer, a child’s answer, confidently told, “The other person of course.” But as my own lips proclaim false happiness, I must shake my head at my younger self.

I talk to my friends and tell them that I am fine when they ask, because as long as that is portrayed, no one will suspect anything else. The text, it flashes read, and soon becomes lost in the sea of useless conversations we partake in; like they will stay and that I won’t eventually push any away. My emotions, they are locked behind wall of indifference, and the day, well, it blurs by.

Do you remember that girl, the one who happily petted puppies and anything soft and would shout like you were the devil incarnate if you dared step on a beautiful flower? Because my friend, she is gone. You wistfully spoke of her one night, saying you wish she would come back, so you could see that happiness again. But I must apologize, because it seems I do not know how to reclaim something I have long since lost.

So if you ask me, “If you’re bleeding, but your lips proclaim otherwise, who are you deceiving?” I will reply the only answer I know.

“Them. For I promise you, I am fine.”

© Copyright 2020 MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON (UN: mirakeening at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MirandaCookies COLLEGE SOON has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981294