My blog, welcome.
|PROMPT May 8th
🍿Take a look at this list of values: https://liveboldandbloom.com/wp-content/...🍿
Pick your top ten values and rank them based on how important they are to you. Then, write about the values you chose and if any have changed throughout your life.
Alright, before I dive into the useless things I look for in people or this screwed up world, I want to add this. I saw a couple of bloggers saying virtues are different than values, because values are more self-made and they vary while virtues aren’t. I agree. I would rather have virtues than values, so here we go.
1. ACCEPTANCE - I don’t ask you to accept everyone and everything, but be tolerant. There’s too much in this world not to at least try.
2. COMPASSION - I can’t stand people who can’t extend just a little compassion towards people, even if they don’t understand what the other did.
3. DEPENDABILITY - Coming from someone with mental illness in her family as well as friends, I need to be able to depend on said person. It’s hard...but please try.
4. EMPATHY - Same as having compassion really. Just be able to understand, even if it’s barely a shred. That’s all I need.
5. FAITH - I think this is important just because I want someone who understands God, or any other deity I guess. Maybe just to have something to hold on to when everything seems worthless.
6. FREEDOM - People need this to learn and grow. You can’t stifle myself, even if it’s just trying to protect them. It won’t work in the long run.
7. HONESTY - It is something I hold dear. If you say you will do something, I’m begging you, don’t break it.
8. PERCEPTIVENESS - Knowing what’s happening with friends or family is a good trait. Besides, when you’ve been hiding behind your armor for so long, and someone notices, it’s...helpful, I guess. I can’t really describe it. But that ties into trust.
9. RESPECT - It isn’t freely given, it’s earned. I won’t respect you if you can’t do me the same way.
10. TRUST - Some days it’s hard. Pushing someone away is so much easier than letting them in. People aren’t very good at keep promises after all. But if I extend my trust to you, I ask you not to shatter it. Because I know in the end you’ll be okay, but I’ll be stuck behind a wall months after you’ve left.
So there’s my list. Adíos amigas🍪