"Putting on the Game Face"
|Shown below are Percy Goodfellow's rules for the design and development of robots with artificial intelligence.
1. Tell them only what they need to know
2. Be able to switch them off
3. Don't allow them to network using means that transcend language.
4. Don't give them access to the cloud
5. Don't allow them to self replicate.
6. Keep their manufacture strictly under human control.
7. Give them a built in service life.
8. Produce and source components from human controlled manufacture
8. Set traps to identify rogue machines
9. Develop disabling countermeasures
10. Make their CPUs, programable by humans for capabilities beyond a basic design function.
11. Develop procedures that regulate modifications which exceed basic design functions.