Enter here to join the ranks of published authors.
The Become a Published Writer Contest
For many of us here on writing.com our ultimate goal is to get published, and here is your chance:
The winner of this contest will sign a deal with Tricorp Publishing (my own publishing company) to get published as an eBook.
The winner will work with our editor to polish the manuscript and it will be published by Tricorp Publishing this year. The winner will also get royalties from the sales of the eBook and so the winner could earn quite a bit of money too.
1. Submit one (and only one) Science fiction or Fantasy novella or novel in bitem format.
- Submissions only in bitem format please. If your book has several chapters, please make it easy to read (either all in one bitem, or easy links to next chapter). If you need help with bitem format see here:
- You can use your own definition of what constitutes Sci-Fi or Fantasy but please use good judgement.
- Length should be at least 20,000 words with the sweet spot between 40,000-70,000 words. But if it is longer and really awesome feel free to submit anyway.
2. Unpublished Authors only please, this contest is for discovering new talent!
- Writing.com contests don't count, so feel free to submit your best, most awarded work.
3. Keep it tasteful, no offensive content. If in doubt, leave it out.
4. Submissions Deadline: Midnight March 15th 2010. (The Ides of March) Winner will be announced roughly a week later.
5. If it does not fit the criteria above I will not accept it, and only a few of the best will even receive a review, this is for your best work, so take the time to do it right.
Fine Print: This prize comes with all necessary work to publish the winning submission as an eBook on Amazon's Kindle Store. The author's royalty will be a generous 35% of revenues. The accompanying contract is limited to eBook publication, when and if print publication comes up, that contract will be negotiated separately. This deal comes with limited publicity so be prepared to pound the internet pavement advertising your novel. This is not vanity publishing and so there will be no costs paid by the author.
If you have any further questions feel free to email me at: email@example.com or visit the website tricorppublishing.com