House Cleaning Going on. Will be back soon.
“Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth.”
― Janet Evanovich
The above lines might be true for only novels for Ms. Evanovich, but for me, it's true for everything romantic-- short story/poetry/essays. This contest is all about making the hearts of your readers flutter with your romantic pieces.
1) This is a monthly contest with free prompt every alternate month.
2) There is no word or line limit for the entries.
3) All old/New/Awarded entries are allowed, but do remember unless the story is spectacular, the flutter dwindles during the re-reading of the story. So, while there is no restriction on the story being entered more than once in the contest, it will have an handicap of being already known to the judges.
3) You can submit both poetry and/or prose for the ongoing round.
4) The entries, aside from grammar and the structure, will also be judged on the basis of the power they have to touch the judges' heart.
5) All entries must be posted in bitem format (or entry format if part of a book item) in the forum below. Please do not copy and paste your story into your forum post. See "Linking Help And Practice" if you're unsure how to post your entry.
6) There is no limit on the rating of the items submitted, but please note that forum itself is rated for 13+ only. Hence the messages should be in accordance of the forum rating.
7) Although all genres are accepted, the contest is meant for romantic stories/poems.
8) Rounds will close at 11:59 pm WDC time on the last day of every month. The judging will not take place until after the contest closes. You may edit your offering any time up to the deadline.
First Prize- 25k awardicon.
Second Prize- 10k awardicon+ 5k GPs
Third Prize- 10k GPs
Honorable Mentions - 5k GPs.
For first prize to be declared, there should be at least three entries.
For second prize to be declared, there should be at least five entries.
For all prizes to be declared there must be at least seven entries.
The award for poetry and short story will be separate as long as above criterion are met.
Prompt for Round 5(Feb 5- March 5)
LostGhost: Seeking & Learning
Spare some change for the romance!
Donations of GPs and raffle tickets are much appreciated. A donations of 50K or more will receive an MB. Donations can be made in the forum or at "Fluttering Desires Bank" .