What's a better way to say <fill in the blank>? Post a request or offer your ideas.
- Are you guilty of repeating favorite words? |
- Do you need variety in your writing?
- Are you worried your writing is too passive?
- Are you looking for just the right words to express what you mean?
- Do you use too many adverbs?
---- "walked quickly" could be replaced with "rushed" or "hurried"
---- "looked thoughtfully" could be replaced with "considered" or "contemplated"
This forum is open to everyone. My hope is that we'll all become better writers by working together to brainstorm the best turns of phrase, and eventually, we will have created a searchable database of good ideas.
*** Don't judge. I threw this forum together in about five minutes. If it gets use, I'll consider prettying it up.