*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Creative fun in
the palm of your hand.
Printed from https://www.Writing.Com/view/2174465
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2174465
A reading challenge that allows you to set your reading goals on a yearly basis.

~Welcome to Writing.Com Reading Challenge~

This reading challenge is a derivative from "The Monthly Reading Challenge and the official Goodreads Reading Challenge. As we all know, reading is making us better writers but the reality for some of us may be a little bit harsh, especially when we have to deal with work, school, and family matters, and it leaves us with very little time left for the actual reading. I've received a couple of messages in the past where members of this community were interested in participation in MRC but couldn't meet the required reading goal because they are slow readers. I, personally, read fast if it's an easy book but do take time with more complexed work, especially if I'm reading it in English. For this reason, I decided to give everyone a chance to set their own reading goals without me giving the actual count of how many books are they supposed to read and review within a year.

Reading supposed to be enjoyable, not a force to get things done within a certain period of time and I sincerely hope those of you who decide to participate will appreciate the idea. We all know that a little push from time to time is necessary to get things done in life, hence this forum. Before signing up please read the rules carefully as I do have some basic guidelines which are necessary if we want to make it fair for everyone and easy for me.

*Books3* Activity runs from January until November (December is a month off because of the holidays)
*Books3* Minimum amount of books you can sign up with is 3
*Books3* If you sign up with 3 books during one year period, those books HAVE TO be a collection of a novel series, not separate work
*Books3* There is no maximum amount of books you can sign up with, it is up to you to decide how many you think you can read
*Books3* As mentioned above, you can sign up with one complete novel series (i.e. "Outlander", "Harry Potter", "ASOIAF"...)
*Books3* If you are signing up with a collection, please write which book collection you'll be reading (see my post)
*Books3* You can sign up with reading poetry books as well as a collection of short stories
*Books3* You can sign up with reading manga and comics but first check out if they are available on Amazon
*Books3* If you're signing up with a random amount of books, you don't need to state which titles you'll be reading
*Books3* Whatever amount of books you sign up with, you HAVE TO finish them ALL by November if you want to receive the prizes
*Books3* All books needs to be reviewed as WdC Product Review (see "Angel Product Reviews to know how)
*Books3* Make sure to check out if books are available on Amazon otherwise you won't be able to review them
*Books3* No other type of reviews will be accepted since I want to make this a complete WdC experience

*Bullet* I WON'T accept 1 sentence (one product review field) as a complete review. You have to write in other fields as well
*Bullet* I WON'T accept 1 sentence in every field as a complete review. You have to be detailed

*Books3* Please be guided by this type of review as this is what I'm expecting you to submit here "Cellar of Horror: The Story of Gary Heidnik"  
*Books3* Any specific question, please post it in "Questions thread!"  . All OT messages in a forum other than sign-ups will be deleted
*Books3* You can, however, post your GPs donations in a forum

*Books3* Make ONLY 2 posts- one sign up post and the other one where you will keep adding ALL your reviews
*Books3* Once I close sign ups you can go ahead and create your post where you will add your reviews as you go along by editing the post
*Books3* Please consider my rules and keep the forum clean as I am the only one who has to update it and I don't have time for a mess
*Books3* Last but not least, enjoy the process of reading and the challenge you set for yourself

Merit Badge in Golden Reader Award
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs Merit Badge in Golden Reader Award
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs

If you manage to finish your reading goals this itself is a reward. However, I'd also like everyone to receive this huge golden book trophy. One more reason why this activity ends up in November is Cyber Monday which usually falls on the last Monday in November. During Cyber Monday, WdC shop goes 50% off on all orders. This means that a 500k GPs trophy costs 250k GPs for one day only. You would have to finish all your reading and reviewing by that specific date. After you sign up, you will be added to a group where you will receive a group email with all necessary info about dates and time as well as monthly updates. I won't crowd your inbox with silly emails, I'll only send one email update per month. Now, since I can't afford this amount of GPs for every single participant, I came up with some ideas that I think are cool, maybe not to everyone but they are still cool, on how you can gain these GPs. Please read on if you are interested since I think it is an easy task:

*Books3* You can run a fundraiser(s) where you'll gain 250k GPs for you or/and for other participants during a whole year
*Books3* You can make little GPs donations for you and/or other participant(s) any time during a whole year
*Books3* You can ask friends to help you out by placing donations in your name
*Books3* I will also do a random fundraiser(s) to help you gain required 250k GPs for your trophy

*Books3* Important thing to remember is that no GPs will be returned to you or to your friends if you fail the challenge! All GPs donated in your name will be split between other participants or remain in MRC bank so be careful here!

Merit Badge in Generosity
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for the surprise, generous gift. I love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness. :) Merit Badge in From My Heart To Yours
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new "My Heart To Yours" merit badge for your group,  [Link To Item #1984225] ! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We appreciate it! -SMs

*Gold* All donations (of any amount) will be gratefully received.
*Gold* Any donation of 30k GPs will be rewarded with a generic MB of your choice.
*Gold* Any donation of 50k GPs will be rewarded with From My Heart to Yours MB.
*Gold* Any donation of 100k or more will be rewarded with Golden Book Award MB once it's been commissioned.

*Gold* When you make a donation, please specify if you're making it on behalf of a specific participant by typing his/her username
*Gold* If you are participant and want to make a donation for you and/or for someone else, you're eligible for all the MB as stated above

18 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 1 · per page   < >
by ~Minja~ · 11-12-18 @ 6:08 am
by Queen Kissy · 12-06-18 @ 2:14 am
by ~Minja~ · 12-05-18 @ 5:28 pm
by Jaynelf falls off the shelf · 12-05-18 @ 3:27 pm
by ~Minja~ · 12-04-18 @ 7:44 am
by Queen Kissy · 12-03-18 @ 11:15 am
by Queen Kissy · 12-03-18 @ 11:10 am
by ~Minja~ · 12-03-18 @ 4:30 am
by Queen Kissy · 12-02-18 @ 5:21 pm
by Elle · 12-01-18 @ 3:17 am