A monthly contest to benefit the Children of God group to spread good cheer around WDC.
Welcome to the Angel Wings Benefit Contest!
About Our Contest
Our contest was founded to help out the group, "Children of God" . This group serves to spread cheer, encouragement and hope throughout the WDC community by random acts of kindness, prayer, and other means of encouragement. This contest is open to all WDC members.
1. Every entry has an entry fee of 500 gift points. This helps to provide the prizes as well as helping to support the above listed group.
2. Every entry must conform to the prompt of the round it is entered in.
3. Multiple entries are allowed, however only one prize per person per round.
4. All entries must be posted in b-item, item or book entry format. For information on how to do this, please see WritingML Help.
5. Contest entries must be rated ASR or below.
6. No late entries will be allowed.
7. Once an entry is posted, you are allowed to edit it until the end of round deadline. No late editing will be allowed.
8. Story entries cannot exceed 2,000 words, not including title and author byline. Poetry entries cannot exceed 60 lines, not including title and author byline.
9. All entries must be newly written for that round's prompt. No previously written or awarded items will be allowed.
10. Judges' decisions are final.
********** Failure to follow the rules will result in your entry being disqualified. *********
Other Information About Our Contest
This is a monthly contest. Each round will start at 12:01 am on the 1st day of the month and close at 11:59 pm on the last day of the month.
The judges will read the entries and pick a winner by the 2nd Friday of the following month.
We hope to be able to award 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize each month. However, in order to do this, there must be 3 entries in order for us to award 1st place. In order for us to be able to award a 2nd place, there must be 6 entries. And in order to award a 3rd place, there must be 9 entries.
Also, you can use your entry here in "The Contest Challenge" in January, 2020! This is a great way to get your writing started, enter contests, and be rewarded for your efforts!!! Can it get any better than that???
1st Place - An Angel MB and 5k gift points
2nd Place - 3,000 gift points
3rd Place - 1,000 gift points
January 2020 Prompt
Write a poem about winter without using the following words: snow, ice, snowman, blizzard, Santa, Christmas, New Year's, wind.